Sunday, April 05, 2009

Burt and Dolly



My uncle used to work abroad in the 80's and he would smuggle Western films for us to see. They were badly dubbed (usually by one guy, so he did both the men's and women's parts in a very monotone voice). My uncle had a taste for musicals and old country western music, so we mostly got to see Bob Fosse musicals and Dolly Parton films. I thought everyone in America spontaneously bursts into a song, does jazz hands to express emotions and dances around chairs like Liza Minnelli in Cabaret. These drawings are from the series Burt and Dolly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

haha, nice story.
i like the design of the writing.

11:20 a.m.  
Blogger Miss Biliana said...

Thank you Monika! I really like your blogs. I am a big Warhol fan as well.

8:45 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home