Friday, January 16, 2009

Hi Bibi, please cheer up! Kato


This is the email my mom send me from our cat Kato, along with a photo of him. He wants to cheer me up after the horrible ordeal I went through the other night. On Wednesday, my friend K and I went to the downtown library from school to get ready for a meeting we had at a local magazine we sit on a board on. I felt a sharp pain in my lower right abdomen but did not think much of it. At 4:30 I thought I should miss the meeting and just go home. K left as I said I would just wait for the bus there. After she left, the pain increased acutely and I started throwing up in the library. The staff there was very helpful and asked me if I wanted an ambulance, I said no. They called for a taxi but the line was busy, so the security guard took me in his 70's car (red velvet interior, littered with coke bottles). He was super sweet and tried to keep me calm. I didn't know what was wrong just knew that I was not well. I got admitted to the emergency room right away, stripped and put on an IV. I can't remember this part very clearly as I got given morphine (three times in the course of the ordeal). The doctors run a series of tests to see what was wrong as I kept throwing up. Finally, after 6 hours they told me that I have a pretty serious kidney infection and I need to be on antibiotics. I took a taxi home, as I could not reach anyone to pick me up. It was -37 outside and I felt like hell. I have not left the house for a couple of days recuperating, drinking cranberry juice and eating soup that my lovely classmates K and D brought me. So, this is why my sweet mom is sending me emails from Kato.

3 Comments:

Blogger Crissy said...

What a HORRIBLE thing to have happen! Did the doctor give you any indication at all as to how you might have gotten the infection?! That is just crazy.

I'm so glad that you're okay!!! Take it easy, and enjoy that adorable little Kato kitty pic.

Take it easy.

Thinking of you!!

xx

10:55 a.m.  
Blogger Miss Biliana said...

Thank you Crissy for the lovely message. I don't know what happened, I am supposed to see a doctor to talk about it when I get better. I am taking it easy, reading, watching TV and eating cookies. ....And thinking about Vegas.....

12:25 p.m.  
Blogger Crissy said...

Thinking about Vegas will help! And even if you're still feeling a bit under the weather when you go, you'll quickly forget about it as soon as you see the lights of The Strip. :)

9:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home