Wednesday, October 15, 2008

In the news


A very insightful article in NY Times on the current political situation in Bulgaria and its ties to organized crime. It is sad to see that most European countries have lost hope in the Bulgarian system. This summer the EU froze a large amount of funds, which was supposed to be allocated to local farmers as aid. It looks like there will be more sanctions and the people not the "mutri" will paying for it.
I guess all the tense political atmosphere is affecting my blog posts lately. Did you vote yesterday?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I voted. But it was the first time ever that I was so not interested in the election. I watched the results on CBC for about 10 minutes then turned it off. Depressing.

Also I was going to send you the same article today!

--xo
Beth

9:29 p.m.  
Blogger Miss Biliana said...

I know, it was depressing. I actually spent more time watching the US presidential debate! And such low voting numbers this year, shameful. Looking forward to catching up this weekend over the phone...

10:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home