Friday, August 08, 2008

Sofia


I have not been blogging for awhile now not because of the lack of internet connection but simply because I had to get settled, then I had a lovely visitor (Miss K), and now I am alone in Sofia waiting for my uncle to come back from vacation in Turkey. I am staying at my dad's studio, a six floor walk up, atop the chestnut trees on our street. It feels quiet here, the dizzing pace of Sofia forgotten, only the heat and blazing sun coming thru the open windows. I made art here this morning, painted small watercolours for a wedding present. I can see myself living here one day. Hidden in a tree house. Will post more photos soon, now I am off walking around Sofia and researching printers.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will be nice to visit and hang out, are there any good cafes?

11:43 p.m.  
Blogger Miss Biliana said...

the whole city seems to be one cafe after another. when miss k was here we spent most of our time on patios and cafes

12:21 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

every 2 hours or so we were thirsty or wanted to use the facilities! I loved hanging out at the patios...
i miss you, I hope all is well and have fun at the wedding and please snog someone. lovek

3:05 p.m.  
Blogger Crissy said...

Miss Biliana! I was flipping through the new issue of VLM (Vancouver Lifestyle Magazine) today and guess whose pretty face was gazing up at me from one of the pages??

YOURS!!!!

Your pic and a mention about your Breathless exhibition is in the current issue. Hoorah!

It's a great pic of you, btw. :)

8:11 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

>I am thinking of you at the wedding, have fun and snog a boy already!
lovek

8:21 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just got your postcard Biliana. The donkeys are the exact same donkeys as the one in the postcard you gave me. Susan thinks they are the only two in Bulgaria.

R

10:08 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beebs
good god that photo says a kergillion words-- rest, realxation, and beauty. Sofia is being good to you. looking forward to your return.

xo
beth

10:00 p.m.  
Blogger Miss Biliana said...

Hello everyone. Sorry for the lack of posts. I will write some more when I get home. I am nearing my time here. It has been interesting, exciting, hot and colourful.
@ Crissy
Thank you for the VLM update, I found the link but I will need to find a hard copy when I get to Vancouver. You should be a publicist!
@ Mr R
Haha, I never said that Bulgaria had an abundance of donkeys! Or perhaps those were the most photogenic! Miss you and I really hope you and the lady boss can come to my good bye party at the Brickhouse.
@ Beth
Yes, relaxation is doing me good before the cold hard world of Academia sinks in. See you ver soon!

4:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home