Monday, March 17, 2008

Edith Head


I was walking down Granville street a few years ago, when I got stopped by the fashion editor of the Vancouver Sun and her photographer. They were doing a piece on "street fashion" and took a photo of my outfit. It was then presented in an article where three designers got to deconstruct my outfit. I got mostly good remarks, black flared slacks, buttoned up 1940's shirt, and my Edith Head glasses. One of the designers said exactly that, which warmed my heart. I adore Edith's designs and take a great deal of inspiration from her films. The way she built Kim Novak's character in Vertigo, even her tight blond bun made me dizzy. The effervescence of Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday. Bette Davis' coutured hemlines echoed "Buckle up it is going to be a bumpy ride" better then any special effects would. Miss Head was able to personify each director's idea with original designs and leave us some great quotes. You can have anything you want in life if you dress for it. Thank you Miss H!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home