Sunday, March 09, 2008

The Disappearance of the Office Phone Ring



Interesting article in NY Times about the disappearance of the ring of the office phone. It is true, I rarelly get voice mails at work, it seems to be all email these days. Ironically I have set my phone's ring at work on "old fashined tone". It reminds me of my grandmother's office at the Sofia University where I spent most of my childhood babysat by professors inbetween their lectures. There was a lady, I think her job title was "typist" or "машинопистка" who was constantly typing on an old fashined typewrter with long manicured fingernails. Another sound that has completelly dissappeared.

3 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

Yes! Disappearing sounds...There are some lovely sound effects CDs in the Vancouver Public Library - very old fashioned - if you ever need some endangered sounds.

3:52 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bibi!
I've found you!
I miss you terribly and wonder about you often.
I would love to see you, I'm still in Victoria, Chesa is turning sixteen next week, can you believe it? my email is remycampbell@gmail.com
hugs and love
always yours
remy

11:43 a.m.  
Blogger Miss Biliana said...

Remy! What a surprise! I will email you at gmail. Can't wait to catch up!

1:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home