Saturday, February 02, 2008

North Van


There is something about a place one knows dearly and closely. North Vancouver is the place that is dear for me. Like a protective blanket. Strange, I know. But when I take the seabus over the water, I fall into a vacuum. This is the place where my grandmother and mother live, is where I grew up, is where my work history was formed. I feel comfortable there. A big fish in a small pond. I did a talk yesterday at my old college there, I saw my old professors it was so great to reminiscent again about art and talk about new ideas, I saw old school mates, it was great to discuss their work and meet new students whose spirit I absolutely loved. I then I made my way to my old gallery and it was again a great comforting experience to see old faces and meet new ones. The mayor was there, he was wondering how I was doing, I told him that I was in Mexico and I submitted my picture for the North Shore News' feature of North Vancouverites around the world and he promised to look out for it. I left feeling comfortable and coddled by this community. I guess I will always be a North Van girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home