Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The perfect macchiato


My friend B. told me about a new cafe opening by our respective work places downtown. We were both excited to be able to sip macchiatos on our lunch break or discuss various subjects and sweet gossip over perfectly made lattes in the afternoon. I am very sensitive about coffee and not having any good places around where I spend most of my workdays has forced me to get my own machine and attempt to perfect the art of making the perfect espresso. (Still working on it). Keep in mind that this new place has modernist type of interior, clean lines in their design, so we naturally assumed they new their coffee. Miss B. went to find out if our assumption was correct and asked for a macchiato. The person behind the counter took a book to check how it is made and after she explained what a macchiato is, he presented her with an overly milky latte. Yes, I admit I am a coffee snob and this story really disappointed me. A bad coffee can really spoil your day, right?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do think its too bad that they have the looks...but not the know-how.
a book to make a coffee? thats worse than at a bar.
love k

7:30 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home