Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mastering the Art of Scrambled Eggs


I know scrambled eggs are the easiest thing to make. I thought so until I started reading Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I always cook on a feeling rather then following a recipe. I think that is why I like to make Italian/Mediterranean dishes the most. French cuisine seems more scientific and complex then Italian. I often substitute and experiment with different ingredients, with nonetheless surprising results. This morning I thought I should start with something very simple such as scrambled eggs and see if I can strictly follow a recipe. The result was delicious and this little experiment made me realize how much I don't know about scrambled eggs. I always beat them until they are frothy and make them over high heat. I am hoping to soon try making soufflé Grand Marnier, risotto aux fruits de mer and maybe even crème caramel. Very exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home