Thursday, April 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Helvetica!


A former coworker of mine emailed me an article about this exhibition at the MoMA celebrating Helvetica's 50th Anniversary. I guess more of an inside joke as we all had a hard time with our designer who used the most inappropriate fonts (and way too many of them) whenever designing anything simple or not. It used to drive me crazy and many people couldn't understand why I would get so bent out of shape about fonts. And size. And negative space (or lack of). I would take it personally and loose sleep over it. I once suggested Helvetica but was never appreciated as an idea...I love its simplicity and it generally looks so comforting. Anyway, here is the article.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Biliana, glad to see you back in the blogosphere! You might be interested in the post I did last year about Helvetica the film, and the website: http://www.marja-leena-rathje.info/archives/helvetica_a_film.php

8:48 p.m.  
Blogger Miss Biliana said...

Hi Marja Leena, thank you! It shows how long I have been away, I accidentally just erased my own comment! I have to find this Helvetica film.

9:15 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

death to bubbly fonts and fat fonts with shadows! long live clean lines and simplicity.
and god bless the people who can see the difference

10:06 a.m.  
Blogger Miss Biliana said...

Anonymous: I understand your passion. I would like to discuss abbreviations and punctuation in another post. This is actually a great therapy platform!

6:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home