Sunday, July 02, 2006

Missing



I went strawberry picking today with my grandmother but more about that later. I got home sunburned and quickly fell slightly sad. I couldn't quite figure out why, as I had a great day. Strawberry picking, my granny picking daisies, wine tasting, getting lost in Abotsford, feeling the sun on my skin. I had some friends over for dinner and told A. that I was longing for Sicily like I would for a lover. After some busty reds and cuban cigars we went to the Portuguese Club to share the celebrations. (I am still getting over France's win over Brazil). On the way we walked by the "Astorinos Club" which usually holds some kind of Italiana celebration. Well, tonight there was a wedding in full force. Couple of guys invited us in and it was like entering another world. The dance floors occupied by the overzealous thirteen year old cousin, the bored bride in the corner, the groomsmen dancing with their bow ties hanging from their collars, two grannies wearing all black in the corner polishing off the rest of the cake and us clutching our gin and tonics. I felt great. The kitsch was overwhelming, and I revel in it. The fake fog, Bonnie Tyler, an impromptu limbo competition all seem to complete the picture of the tired wedding party. I felt like I got the feel for my longed lover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home