Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Tete-a-Tete


I was having dinner alone on my balcony. Nice chocolaty cabernet sauvignon and roasted red pepper salad, reading about Sartre and Beauvoir's relationship. Their ideas of freedom, choice and humanism. This has been on my mind a lot lately with turning thirty and not having an easy time with it. It is also another anniversary of sorts as it is exactly fifteen years ago that I came to Canada. From now on I would have been living longer in Canada then in Bulgaria. A letting go of sorts.
What would my life be if we did not come here. Obviously that was a choice. Have I made good decisions defending my parents' choice to come? I hope so. Sometime I feel there is tremendous pressure on immigrants' children and what they make of themselves in the new land. I guess my work is a very much about this. Not really a Bulgarian perspective of North America but the extracting of the American Dream in the present reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home