Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Von Trapp Sisters


The Von Trapp Sisters is a duo consisting of Lisa Latitude (me) and Loretta Waltz (Deb), who is an accomplished musician with great patience. We have been practicing for about a month for a performance at Capilano Mall in North Vancouver on May 12. It is a cabaret show, with covers of such favourites as Slow Boat to China, Danke Schoen and Tennessee Waltz. It crosses the line between a musical show and an art performance. It has been a challenge for me to fully immerse myself in singing to acoustic guitar and piano without the help of karaoke. I am hoping for plenty of stage props to help me get through my stage fright. And having Loretta beside me keeping the rhythm helps too.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your fan base is growing!!
and as you know...I've always been a VonTrapp super-fan!

3:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home